- 1 1/4 lbs jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined (weight after peeled)
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- kosher salt (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 14 oz can light coconut milk (50% less fat)*
- 1/2 lime, squeezed
In a medium pot, heat oil on low. Add red peppers and sauté until soft (about 4 minutes). Add scallion whites, 1/4 cup cilantro, red pepper flakes and garlic. Cook 1 minute.
Add tomatoes, coconut milk and salt to taste, cover and simmer on low about 10 minutes to let the flavors blend together and to thicken the sauce.
Add shrimp and cook 5 minutes. Add lime juice.
To serve, divide equally among 4 bowls and top with scallions and cilantro