- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. white or cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 c. celery, chopped
- 1 c. carrots, chopped
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- salt + pepper to taste
- 1/3 c. white wine
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 4 c. vegetable broth
- 1 c. instant or quick-cooking wild rice
- 3/4 c. reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add mushrooms, celery, carrots, and shallot and cook, stirring often, until softened (5-7 minutes). Stir in flour, salt, and pepper and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add white wine and thyme; increase heat to medium-high and cook 2 minutes more.
- Add broth to Dutch oven and bring to a boil. If you're using instant rice, add it now and reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and cook until rice is tender, 5-7 minutes, then stir in sour cream and parsley.
If you'd like to use non-instant wild rice, cook 1 cup according to the package instructions and stir it into the soup at the end of cooking time.