Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups oats (old fashioned or quick oats)
- 2 and 2/3 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk (I used SO coconut milk the green carton no sugar or flavors)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I used mini enjoy life chocolate chips.)
- extra sugar to sprinkle on top of muffins
Combine the oats, flour, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, sugar, brown sugar milk, vanilla and oil.
Stir the egg mixture into the flour mixture until moistened. Mix the chocolate chips in.
Fix greased or paper-lined muffin cups 2/3 full with the batter. Lightly sprinkle some sugar ontop of the muffins. Bake at 400 degrees for 16-18 minutes, or until tops are light golden.
Recipe adapted slightly from