- 8 cups fresh fruit, chopped (nectarines, peaches, strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, grapes, melon, plums, pluots, etc.)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 lime juice
- OR 1/4 cup lime juice and 1/4 cup rum
- 2 Tbls fresh mint, chiffonade
- Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Heat until sugar is fully dissolved. Let cool.
- Stir in lime juice and/or rum.
- Drizzle about of the lime mixture over chopped fruit and gently stir until combined.
- Continue adding lime mixture just until fruit is lightly coated. You don't want a puddle at the bottom of the bowl.
- Sprinkle with fresh mint and stir gently just prior to serving.
If you are one of those people who don’t like to actually EAT mint (you know who you are!) simply add the mint leaves to the simple syrup and let simmer until sugar dissolves. Strain the mint leaves from the syrup before combining with lime juice. Tada!