This salty, crunchy, creamy combination is the perfect treat while watching a movie, or entertaining a crowd. Soooo good!
- 2 (3.5 oz) bags of popped popcorn (I used Smart Pop, butter flavor)
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups of mini marshmallows (or about 20 large)
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup Reese’s Pieces
- ½ cup cocoa almonds (regular almonds would be fine)
- Place popped popcorn into a large mixing bowl.
- In a medium saucepan, combine butter, sugar, vanilla, and marshmallows and stir with a rubber spatula until melded together and completely satiny and smooth.
- Add peanut butter to marshmallow mixture until completely incorporated.
- Pour the mixture over the popcorn and stir until kernels are completely coated.
- After a few minutes, to allow the popcorn mixture to cool to about room temperature, toss in the Reese’s Pieces and almonds and quickly, yet gently stir until distributed throughout the popcorn. Allow the popcorn to sit until completely cool. This prevents the candy from melting.