6 C. Rice Chex Cereal
7 Milky Way candy bars
1/2 C. butter
2 1/2 C. shredded coconut, toasted and crushed (see photos below)
1/4 C. melted chocolate for decoration, optional
1/4 C. melted caramel for decoration, optional
1. Place cereal in a large bowl and set aside.
2. Over the stove top, melt Milky Way bars and butter on love heat and stir until smooth. Be sure to use low heat and stir constantly!
3. Pour over cereal and gently fold. (The Milky Way bars cover the cereal in chocolate and caramel, which is very Samoa-like.)
4. Dump into a large plastic bag with toasted coconut (crush the coconut before hand, the smaller pieces will stick great to to the cereal!) and shake the bag until coated.
5. Pout out onto foil or cookie sheets to let cool.
6. Drizzle melted chocolate and/or caramel onto the Muddy Buddies and let cool again.
7. Serve alone or with chopped up Samoa cookies!