- 1 steak
- 12 small pieces of lettuce, kale or endive
- ½ carrot, grated
- 1 green onion, sliced into long strips
- ½ tomato, cut into ½" cubes
- 2 tablespoons parsley or cilantro
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated (preferably with a microplane)
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1-2 teaspoons honey
- Season steak on both sides with salt and pepper. Sear on high heat till it is as cooked as you like (I like medium rare, so about 4-5 minutes)
- Slice steak thinly into strips and set aside. Reserve any juice from the steak.
- Combine carrot, green onion, tomato, parsley or cilantro, lemon juice and garlic in a medium sized bowl. Add reserved steak juice and salt to taste. Toss with slivered almonds.
- In a small bowl, combine mustard and honey and mix to combine.
- To serve, lay lettuce leaves out on a platter, add a spoonful of salad and top with a slice of steak. Either drizzle the honey mustard sauce overtop or serve on the side as a dipping sauce.