Ingredients Serves 15
|2 cup white rice flour|
|1 cup tapioca flour|
|3 tsp xanthan gum|
|1 1⁄2 tsp salt|
|2 tsp egg substitute, powder, optional|
|2 tbsp sugar|
|1 1⁄2 cup lukewarm water|
|2 tbsp fast rise yeast|
|2 tbsp butter|
|3 egg white, beaten slightly|
|1 tsp vinegar|
|1 butter, melted, for brushing, optional|
- In the bowl of a heavy-duty mixer, place flours, xanthan gum, salt, and egg replacer (if using). Blend with mixer on Low.
- In a small bowl, dissolve sugar in water and add yeast.
- Wait until the mixture foams slightly, then blend into the dry ingredients.
- Add butter, egg whites, and vinegar. Beat on High for 3 minutes.
- To form loaves, spoon dough onto greased and cornmeal dusted cookie sheets in two long French loaf shapes or spoon into special French bread pans.
- Slash diagonally every few inches. If desired, brush with melted butter.
- Cover the dough and let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove from pan to cool.