- 8 to 10 medium red potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 1 jar (2 ounces) chopped pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), diced
- 2 slices bread, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Place the unpeeled potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water;
- cook until tender but firm. Drain; cut potatoes into 1-in. cubes.
- Transfer to an ungreased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- Add pimientos, onion, garlic salt and onion salt; toss gently.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Top with bread cubes; drizzle with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until bread is
- toasted. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 227 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 554 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© Taste of Home 2014