- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese (2% fat--this is the reduced fat version)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (light)
- 1 jar salsa (I used 3/4 full jar of a 16 ounce jar)
- A handful of chopped cilantro (optional-but good)
Now there's 3 ways to make this:
1) Cut the Velveeta and cream cheese into cubes and place all ingredients in a microwaveable-safe dish. Heat until cheese has melted and stir to combine all ingredients.
2) If you prefer, you can place all the ingredients in an oven safe dish and bake until the dip is heated through--continuing to stir to mix all ingredients. I usually put the dip in at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes--keep an eye on it as it depends on how deep your dish is--it can take as little as 10 minutes or as much as 20-25 minutes to have all the cheese melted. When it's hot and bubbly, it's ready!
3) OR, you can place all ingredients in a crockpot and heat until cheese has melted (continuing to stir the mixture to combine ingredients). It should take somewhere around an hour to have the cheeses melt (but check as crockpots vary). This particular method is great if you can leave it on the low setting--then your dip will stay warm for a while. But I bet it won't last!
Serve warm with tortilla chips. Heaven! Should make a small crowd very happy before dinner is served (like 4-6 people).