- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 pound of lean ground beef 97/3
- Small yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 28oz can of crushed tomatoes, or whole peeled tomatoes crushed by hand
- 1 8 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 24 oz package of fresh cheese tortellini
- 3 cups of freshly grated mozzarella cheese
- Sautee onions and garlic in olive oil, until soft.
- Add ground beef and season with salt and pepper.
- Once beef is cooked through, stir in tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Stir in uncooked, fresh tortellini and 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese.
- Transfer to casserole dish and sprinkle remaining cheese over the top.
- Cover tightly with foil and baked at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
For this recipe, I used Seven Cheese Olivieri Tortellini. It is absolutely delicious and I picked it up in the refrigerated section at Costco.