12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 45 min.
* 2 pounds ground beef
* 2 envelopes taco seasoning
* 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
* 24 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
* 1/4 cup butter, melted
ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each casserole):
* 1 cup salsa
* 1 cup taco sauce
* 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
* 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
* 1-1/2 cups crushed tortilla chips
* 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
* 3 green onions, chopped
* In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
* drain. Add taco seasoning; prepare according to package directions.
* Add cream cheese; cook and stir for 5-10 minutes or until melted.
* Transfer to a bowl; chill for 1 hour.
* Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Gently toss with
* butter. Fill each shell with about 3 tablespoons of meat mixture.
* Place 12 shells in a freezer container. Cover and freeze for up to 3 months
* To prepare remaining shells, spoon salsa into a greased 9-in. square
* baking dish. Top with stuffed shells and taco sauce. Cover and bake
* at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheeses and
* chips. Bake 15 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve with
* sour cream and onions.
* To use frozen shells: Thaw in the refrigerator for 24 hours (shells will be partially frozen). Spoon salsa into a greased 9-in. square baking dish; top with shells and taco sauce. Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover and continue as above. Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings each).