- 3-4 pound roast (I usually use a chuck roast, but any roast works!)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken or beef stock or broth
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar (I use THIS brand)
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos (I use THIS brand, but you can use tamari, too)
- pinch or two of red pepper flakes
- generous sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Place your whole roast in a crockpot fat side down.
- Add remaining ingredients over the top of the roast. Add additional salt and pepper to the top of the roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. You know it is done when the top is browned and the meat shreds very easily with a fork.
- Remove the roast from crockpot.
- Blend remaining juices and onion/garlic in the crockpot with an immersion blender for your gravy until you reach desired consistency.
- Serve gravy with roast beef. If I happen to have chives or parsley growing in my garden, I’ll usually snip some off to serve on top of the cooked roast, too.