The unique combination of Italian sausage, green onions, chilies, home fries, melted cheese and fluffy eggs makes this brunch dish truly memorable.
- 1 pound
- 1 package
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can chopped green chiles, drained (4 oz)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350F. Crumble and cook sausage in medium skillet until browned. Drain sausage. Spread potatoes in greased 9 x 13 baking pan. Top with cooked sausage, Monterey Jack cheese, green onions and chilies. Whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper in medium bowl until frothy. Pour egg mixture over sausage layer; bake 30 minutes. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; bake 15 minutes more or until eggs are set. Refrigerate leftovers.