- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried crushed rosemary
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
- 1 1/2 tsp canola oil, divided
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 oz.) can petite diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup fat-free chicken broth
- Salt and pepper, if desired
- In a small bowl, stir together the oregano, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper. Rub the mixture over the chicken thighs.
- Heat 1 teaspoon canola oil in a large skillet set over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the remaining 1/2 teaspoon canola oil. Add the onion and red bell pepper, and cook until the vegetables are just tender, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the diced tomatoes, balsamic vinegar and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, then nestle the chicken thighs into the tomato mixture. Simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Serve over rice or quinoa.
** Note from Chella to make Paleo serve over Cauliflower Rice