- 1-14 oz (400 ml) can of coconut milk
- 2 oz (~50 g) of your favorite dark chocolate (85% or higher), chopped
- 1 Tablespoon good quality cocoa powder
- 5-6 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions for Dark Chocolate Coconut Chia Pudding:
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the coconut milk, chopped dark chocolate and cocoa powder.
- Warm the milk until the chocolate is completely melted. Turn off the heat and stir in the chia seeds and vanilla extract. [Hint: add the chia seeds while stirring continuously or else they will stick to the bottom of the pan in one big gelatinous lump. Not cool.]
- Stir thoroughly until the chia seeds begin to thicken the mixture a bit.
- Pour into small serving cups and refrigerate for at least an hour until the mixture is very thick.
- Top with shaved dark chocolate or coconut whipped cream.