What it took for 2 HUGE bowls. Or 4 smaller ones. Or whatever:
* 1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
* 1 tsp sesame oil
* 1 pound extra-large shrimp; thawed, peeled and deveined
* 3 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 Tbs. freshly minced ginger
* 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
* 1 (13.5 oz) can coconut milk
* 2 cups fish stock (or seafood, or chicken, whatevs)
* 7 oz (half a box) pad Thai noodles*
* 1 tsp fish sauce
* 2 tsp sriracha sauce
* 1 cup cilantro leaves (plus more for garnish)
* 2 scallions, diced
* 1 lime (or more!)
Heat the oils in a large straight-sided pan over medium-high. Add the shrimp, season with salt and pepper and sear on both sides until you get a nice sear, about 5 minutes total. Remove from pan and set aside.
Back in the pan, add more oil if needed and toss in the garlic, ginger and bell pepper. Sauté for one minute, then add the coconut milk, stock, noodles, fish sauce, sriracha sauce, cilantro and scallions. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer until noodles cook through, about 5 minutes.
Take off the heat and add a few big squeezes of lime juice. Now taste that. UGH. Need anything? Add a little salt if you want. More lime juice? Yes.
Stir the shrimp back in and toss to combine.
Serve with more cilantro on top!
*Note from Chella the Pad Thai Noodles I purchase are made of Rice which makes this dish Gluten Free