- One recipe of my Southern Sweet Iced Tea, using 5 tea bags, steeped in 4 cups of hot water for 5 minutes)
- 1 cup of granulated sugar or sugar substitute, or to taste
- 2 cups of fresh whole strawberries, cleaned
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (about 1-1/2 lemons)
- Ice cubes
- Extra strawberries, for garnish
Prepare the iced tea according to the recipe (I use 5 tea bags in 4 cups of hot water, steeped for 5 minutes and sweetened with 1 cup of sugar or sugar substitute). While the tea is steeping, puree the strawberries in a food processor or blender, then pass the puree through a strainer. Squeeze the lemon juice and set aside.
Once the tea is finished steeping, strain and remove the tea bags and stir in the sugar. Fill a pitcher halfway with ice, pour the strawberry puree on the ice, add the lemon juice, and pour in the tea. Stir well and refrigerate. Fill individual glasses with ice, pour over and garnish with a whole strawberry, if desired.