What You Need
- 14-ounce can regular coconut milk
- 14-ounce can light coconut milk
- ½ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups soy milk (or milk)
- Peppermint candies (a few for garnish)
What To Do
- A few hours prior to serving, make the ice cream: In a medium bowl, whisk together 2 cans coconut milk, ½ cup honey, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 2 teaspoons peppermint extract. Freeze the mixture in an ice cream maker (or make it without the machine). When complete, freeze the ice cream for around 2 to 3 hours to obtain a hard texture.
- In glass 2-cup measuring cup, place 3 tablespoons cocoa powder, 2 tablespoons honey, ¼ cup warm water and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon (if using). Microwave for about 20 seconds to heat briefly, then whisk or stir together until combined.
- Add a bit of the soy milk and whisk it in to temper the mixture. Once it is incorporated, add the remainder of the 2 cups of milk.
- Microwave for 2½ to 3 minutes until hot, or for the stovetop method, heat the mixture over medium heat until hot, taking care that it does not boil.
- To serve, crush the peppermint candies. Place a scoop or two of ice cream in a bowl or glass, then sprinkle with peppermint candies. At the table, pour hot chocolate over the ice cream. Enjoy!