To Make Ahead: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 month or freeze for up to 3 months.
Say goodbye to frozen pancakes or box mixes: dried blueberries give this pancake mix rich blueberry flavor and the pecans liven up the texture with a bit of crunch.
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
* 1/2 cup dried blueberries
* 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted (see Tip)
* 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
Whisk all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, blueberries, pecans, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl. To make pancakes: Whisk 2 large eggs, 2 large egg whites, 1 1/2 cups nonfat buttermilk and 2 tablespoons canola oil in a medium bowl. Put Blueberry-Pecan Pancake Mix in a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the mix; add wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Use about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake.
Recipe Tips & Notes:
1. Tip: Place chopped pecans in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.