Disclaimer: the ingredient amounts and even the varieties can be adjusted according to your desires. As listed, you should be able to get about 4 individually wrapped dinners.
- 1-1/2 lbs ground beef
- 4 large carrots, chopped
- 4 large potatoes, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
- seasoning salt and pepper, to taste
- tin foil
- So easy - Divide the meat into fourths, and put each portion into flat sheets (about 12 inch square) of foil.
- Pile a desired amount of the remaining ingredients into your own individual meal.
- Be very generous with the salt when seasoning your uncooked pocket of awesome. Put more than you think you will need. Somehow, the salt kinda disappears during the cooking process, so be generous.
- When the foil dinner is built according to your desires, wrap it up in the foil much like you would wrap a present. When it's nice and sealed all around, I typically wrap it again, upside-down. This ensures it's sealed, but also keeps it from burning.
- Place your dinner very close to (or even directly on) a pile of hot coals/briquettes. Cook for approximately 10 minutes, flipping halfway through.